Frequently Asked Questions @ Ruse Escape Room
- What is an escape room? Simply put, an escape room is part of a fully-immersive real-life game in which small groups of participants are given a series of riddles, puzzles and clues in order to accomplish a mission or find a way out of a room, usually within an hour.
- How much is it per person? One to three players are $32.00 adults ages 18+, $30.00 students ages 6-17. Four or more players are $27.00 adults ages 18+, $25.00 students ages 6-17. Since the Pandemic, ALL groups are private at no additional cost.
- Is it scary? No, but we may have things that take you by surprise. We will never have a room that is not family-friendly or that has occult overtones.
- When are you open? Most evenings and daytime hours on the weekends. HOWEVER, feel free to contact us if you are looking for a time outside our regular hours. We do require a 4 person minimum for special times and do our best to accommodate your request.
- Where are you located? We are at 929 38th Avenue Court, Unit 109, Greeley, CO. We are on the north side of 10th Street in back of the the Westmoor Gold Suites Office Building, backed up to the 39th Ave Post Office.
- Can I just walk in to get tickets? No. We are APPOINTMENT ONLY especially now due to Social Distancing restrictions.
- How many people can be in the room at once? We can accommodate up to 8-10 guests at a time, depending on room selection. The more brain power the better so be sure to ask enough friends to fill the room!
- How much time do we get? You have 60 minutes to solve the puzzles. Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled start time so you will have time for some basic room rules and explanation of the scenario.
- Are children are allowed? Absolutely, it’s always fun to have kids involved. However, we do not recommend bringing children under the age of 6. We also ask, if you are booking a kids group (any child under 12 years old), they need to have at least one adult to accompany them in the game. We have tried to design our games to be family-friendly but younger people can find clues difficult, and may not have the problem-solving skills required to play the game. Ultimately, we’re trying to make this the best experience for everybody so if you bring children, be sure that your child has the stamina to be in the room for an hour and the skill set to work out some of the puzzles, locks, etc.
- What time should we get there? We ask that you arrive 5-10 minutes before your start time. (Your booked time is the start time of the game i.e. you booked for 6:30, please arrive at 6:20). We will need to be sure all guests have arrived and put your personal belongings away in a locked cabinet where you will have control of the key.
- Do you provide corporate or group team building events? Yes. Just contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, messaging via Facebook or call/text us @ 970-541-1822 with date/time and number of players you’d like to have. We would be happy to arrange a booking outside of our regular times for your staff/group if you so choose. We can also combine your event with a catered lunch if you would like.
- Are firearms or self-defense weapons like pepper spray allowed? We understand your rights to carry protection, but because we are in a small space and accidents can happen, we ask that you leave those items in your vehicle while you are enjoying your experience.
- Are drugs or alcohol allowed? We have had several asked about having alcohol to enhance the experience. While that sounds like a great idea, the answer is NO. We cannot allow the use of drugs or alcohol on the premises due to the liability. Reality is that you will need your brain power to solve the room so having alcohol is not going to enhance the experience, just the silliness in you trying to solve things. There are plenty of places near us for you to enjoy an adult beverage after your experience. For the safety and enjoyment of all players, we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone we deem too impaired to play the game. Therefore, we highly recommend you save the celebration for after the game.
- Can we have food and drinks in the room? We prefer not to allow drinks or snacks in the room because they can easily get spilled and ruin props. Save them for the victory celebration after you win! We do have water available if desired and on special occasions we may provide refreshments while you are waiting.
- Is your building handicap accessible? Our main office and one of our rooms are on a garden level with a handful of stairs and unfortunately there is not an elevator to that space. The steps are wide so if you have the physical ability to help someone in there, by all means, come. There is enough room to get around in the room itself. Otherwise, we can meet you outside when you come and you can book our second room which is directly off the parking lot behind the building.
- Can I cancel my booking if unable to make it? Cancellation policy: We will allow refunds or date changes up to 48 hours prior to your original scheduled booking. After that time, we do not honor refunds but we will accommodate date changes as best as we can or provide credit to use at your convenience. HOWEVER, due to safety concerns around COVID-19 or the like, if you have ANY symptoms we will gladly reschedule your game when we know you healthy enough to come. We hope you understand that a group holding a booking then cancelling or making date changes creates inconveniences for us and affects availability for other guests. Make sure everyone is set to come before booking your visit. We will NOT refund for No Shows. We WILL accommodate refunds for extenuating circumstances (like an accident/hospitalization).
- What should I bring? All you will need is yourself, your friends and all your brilliant minds of course! Your booking confirmation is helpful but not totally necessary. If you bring any personal belongings, we have a locked cabinet available for them. We cannot allow items in the room that can be a help to solving clues, i.e. flashlight, screwdriver, cell phone. What’s the point of the game if you cheat?
- Where do I park? We have a couple parking spaces immediately in front of the building for our guests. Ignore the 15 minute parking sign. Otherwise, it will be street parking as available.
- If you have ANY questions, we can be contacted via email at email@example.com, messaging via Facebook or call/text us @ 970-541-1822.
VIRTUAL GAME FAQs
Virtual adventures take place over a zoom meeting. You are at home, and our game master is live at Ruse Escape Room in the actual escape room. You see what they see and tell them what to do, what to touch, how to solve the puzzles and more.
WHO CAN PLAY?
You can gather friends and family from anywhere in the world and all work together to help solve the case!
WHAT DO I NEED?
- A strong internet connection
- A laptop/PC/Tablet or smart phone (lap top or PC recommended to best see room and puzzles)
- Pencil and paper
- A microphone and speakers
HOW DO I CONNECT?
Once you book, your login info will be sent to you in the booking confirmation email. This login will work starting 30 minutes prior to the adventure. Once logged in, 15 minutes prior to the adventure start, the camera and meeting information will appear.
HOW MANY PLAYERS CAN WE HAVE?
You can have as many as you want, but we HIGHLY recommend no more than 6 total. Otherwise it gets a little confusing with many people talking at once.
DO WE ALL NEED TO BE AT THE SAME COMPUTER?
NO!! You can invite friends and family from anywhere in the world. However, there are a few things to consider.
- You can have 6 connections max
- The $50 covers 2 connections. If you want to have anymore people log in, it’s $15 per connection.
HOW DOES THE INVENTORY WORK?
The Laboratory assistant, Algernon, has left a way for colleagues to accomplish this vital mission of saving the world. You will have access to items hidden along the way. As you find the items in the room, they will be stored for you in Algernon’s mainframe and you may retrieve still photos at your request, anytime throughout the game.